- Joining the UN’s “Shadow Pandemic” campaign to eradicate violence against women, and adopting the color orange, which is the branded color for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- Sending a letter from the CEO and a video from the Group chairperson to all employees.
- A dedicated virtual event for employees
- An internal campaign with stickers that were distributed to be worn on the lapels of every employee at every site.
- Branding the company’s trucks that cover over 12,000 km with the message: “Stop the Violence Against Women”
- Illuminating the Strauss offices and factories in Israel with orange lights as a sign of solidarity and increasing awareness of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Supporting the Ruach Nashit (Women’s Spirit) organization, the Women Against Violence organization (for opening women’s shelters, recruiting and gathering evidence from women in the Arab sector) and the Michal Sela Forum
- Promoting advertising on the subject on digital networks that attracted over 80,000 user responses.
Social Justice and Racial EqualityRead More about Social Justice and Racial Equality
Promoting Inclusive Conversation and Fighting for Racial Justice in Sabra USA
The Black Lives Matter (#BLM) movement has sparked our recognition of responsibility to all people affected by racism and injustice. Black Lives Matter was built to strengthen local communities, combat violence and racism, and improve people’s’ lives. The moments of unrest that have shaken parts of the world over the past year have forced a moment of reckoning for us as a global organization.
There is still much more work to be done to create an environment of inclusion. Sabra has taken the issue of racism and put it on its agenda and has made great strides towards improving people’s lives by creating a more inclusive and diverse working environment.
In 2020, Sabra’s CEO issued a letter to all employees, in which he wrote: “We as a company must stand against injustices to people of color – specifically those in the Black community.” Sabra has since launched training and educational programs for leaders to recognize psychological distress and to foster openness in the workplace.
Sabra has also addressed the issues of racial equity and social justice with a series of internal educational initiatives for their executive and managerial team. Sabra has implemented an ongoing organizational listening program that will help teach the executives and managers to support people wherever necessary. Sabra has made a considerable effort toward creating a more inclusive and diverse working environment.
Prevention of Violence Against Women
Activities for the Prevention of Gender-based Violence
The Corona crisis was a unique testing ground for Strauss’ values and attitudes, for understanding the varied needs of diverse populations and the need to provide them all with a safe space. In 2020, the Corona crisis resulted in a widening of gaps and a major regression regarding gender issues, where, for example, many women were dismissed, were put on extended unpaid leave, or were forced to bear the increasing burden of domestic chores while continuing to work from remote, and many were forced to or chose to quit their jobs because of the realities of the Corona period.
During the Corona crisis, there was a drastic increase in instances of domestic violence around the world, in what was termed by the UN as a “shadow pandemic”. Therefore, in 2020, we promoted awareness and projects to support female victims of violence by:
- Providing an option to change profile picture frames on social media to increase awareness (taken up by over 7,500 users)
- Achla joined a campaign in which a full ad break was devoted to increasing awareness of violence against women and requesting contacting the WIZO Centers for the Treatment and Prevention of Violence.
- Funding of an ad on the Ynet app (which has the most users in Israel) that calls on anyone who has experienced or been exposed to violence against women to contact a help center, while also offering a direct connection via the ad.